Brian Wancho shows in very simple steps, the remarkable difference between an ambient lighted room and a room that has been multiple times flashed.
The difference is astonishing.
Brian packs all the important information into a 1 minute video.
A great way to give your interior and architectural images the special cool look.
The workflow is really easy and effective
- Put your camera on a tripod
- you take several images with different exposures, for example the outside light and the lamps in the room.
- Then you start painting and accentuate certain parts of the room
- For that you put your flash on manual mode, set the right setting
- Now you wander around your room and flash the spots
- Next you import the images into Photoshop and stack them into layers on top of another
- Choose “lighten” in the blending modes, now the bright parts will show through
- Use layer masks, in case you show up in the image and mask it out.
I´ve been looking for a simple explanation of this workflow.
Great that Brian has shared it with us!
Brian is a Professional Phototgrapher from El Paso, Texas, USA.